Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Wonderful sandwiches for a special lunch. I use marinara sauce and usually only use about half of the jar so the sandwich won't be so saucy.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 25 ounces pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 long Italian rolls, halved lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Dip chicken in egg, then bread crumbs, coating well.
- In 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish, arrange chicken. Bake uncovered 20 minutes.
- Pour Pasta Sauce over chicken, then top with cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- To serve, arrange chicken and sauce on rolls.
This recipe was very good but I found the chicken breasts to be too thick for the sandwich so when I make it again I will pound the breasts to 1/4 inch before breading. Thanks for a tasty recipe Lvs2Cook