Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
An easy dish with lots of flavor. It is one of those dishes I get a craving for.
Top Review by Merryannie
This is so simple & tasty. Truthfully, & I don't know why, but this is the 1st time I have ever made Chicken Parm. I did add some sliced mushrooms & onions (sauteed) & then shoveled it all in the oven @350 x25 min & then turned the heat up to 385 x15 min when I added the fresh mozz. It was sooo good & the chicken was soo tender. Served w/spaghetti, fresh green beans & garlic bread sticks. Thank you for sharing.
- 1 (12 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (for sprinkling)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley or 1⁄4 cup basil sprig, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken between two sheets of heavy duty plastic wrap and flatten to about 1/4 inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Dip chicken in the egg and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 8 minutes on each side or until chicken is fork tender and no pink remains.
- While chicken is cooking, bring water to a boil for pasta.
- When chicken is cooked, pour spaghetti sauce into pan around chicken (but not covering it). Turn heat to low and heat sauce thoroughly.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Place the angel hair on a serving platter, top with the chicken breasts.
- Pour the sauce over chicken and sprinkle with the cheeses.
- Garnish with the parsley or basil.