Recipe by Cookin Goodlookin
I got this recipe from Kraft and it is so awesome I had to post it on here. The original recipe called for crushed RITZ crackers, although I used italian bread crumbs. ENJOY!
Top Review by bad kitty 1116
Excellent! Need to add garlic and pepper to the filling mixture to keep it from being bland. These are well worth the time it takes to make them! I needed more like 20 Ritz crackers, though.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed & well drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/4 in. thickness
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups spaghetti sauce, heated
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees.
- MIX cream cheese, spinach, 1 cup of the mozzarella and 3 tablespoons of the parmesan until well blended.
- SPREAD evenly onto chicken breasts. Starting at one of the short ends of each breast, roll up chicken tightly. Secure with wooden toothpicks, if desired. Set aside.
- BEAT egg in shallow bowl or pie plate. Mix remaining 3 tablespoons of the parmesan and the breadcrumbs in a separate shallow bowl or pie plate.
- DIP chicken bundles in egg, then roll in breadcrumbs. Place, seam-side down, in a 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- BAKE 30 minute or until chicken is cooked through.
- REMOVE and discard toothpicks if using.
- SERVE topped with the heated spagetti sauce and remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.