Adapted from America's Test Kitchen, Pasta Revolution.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 -1 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 ounces pasta (about 3/4 pound, ziti, penne, etc)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (about 1 cup)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces (can use chicken tenders)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Pulse the tomatoes and their juices in the food processor until coarsely chopped, about 12 pulses.
- 3Cook the oil, garlic, red pepper flakes and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes, water, 1 cup of the broth, oregano and the pasta. Bring to a vigorous simmer, cover and cook until pasta is tender, 15 to 18 minutes, stirring often.
- 4Stir in 3/4 cup of the Parmesan, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper and the chopped chicken. Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed. If the pasta seems dry, stir in the remaining 1/2 cup of broth.
- 5Transfer to a buttered oven-proof baking dish and sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining Parmesan. Bake 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle with basil and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Parmesan Baked Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 720.2
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 117.0 mg
- Sodium 1150.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 54.2 g