Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a deep fry method for preparing Chicken Parmesan. I know there are quite a few of chicken parm recipes on zaar, but I wanted to share mine. Just remember to pat the chicken with some paper towel after cooking in the deep fryer. This saves on some calories & fat. :)
- 3 chicken breasts, sliced horizontally 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 (14 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups olive oil (for deep frying)
- favorite pasta (cooked to desired doneness)
- Slice chicken breasts 1/4" thick.
- (Best if breasts are slightly frozen.).
- Combine bread crumbs& parmesan cheese.
- Beat eggs.
- Place crumb mix& eggs on separate dishes for easy dipping.
- Coat breasts in egg then bread crumbs.
- For the sauce: combine all ingredients in saucepan and cook low on stovetop for approximately 20 minutes.
- Heat Olive Oil in deep fryer to 350 degrees.
- (don't let it burn or it will smell nasty in your kitchen).
- Deep fry chicken in single layers for 2-3 minutes and place in paper towel lined dish.
- (keep warm while frying remaining chicken).
- To serve: place chicken breasts on plate& place some sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese, if desired.
- If serving with pasta, mix a little sauce with the cooked pasta, place on dish, top with some more sauce and sprinkle with parmesan, if desired.
I just made this for dinner tonite and it was fantastic! I stayed pretty true to the recipe with some exceptions. Instead of the onion and garlic powder I sauteed fresh garlic and onion in some olive oil then added the tomato sauce. I simmered the sauce for about 2 hours. It turned out wonderful and nice and thick. I didn't deep fry (just because it is packed away, as we are remodeling), but used a deep skillet to fry. It came out with a wonderful crust. I love adding the fresh parmesan to the bread crumbs. I also like the fact that the sauce makes a perfect amount for the chicken without a ton left over. Husband said this is one to definitely make again!