1/2 Photos of Chicken Parmesan - Aaron Mccargo, Jr's Masterpiece!
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
This is, without question, the best chicken parmesan I've ever had. It's from Aaron McCargo, Jr of The Next Food Network Star competition. I love the way he seasons the chicken itself as well as the panko, making sure you *get* the seasonings instead of them falling off into the oil. The white sauce takes this completely over the top. Just when you think you've died and gone to blissful heaven, another dimension of magnificent flavor graces your awaiting tongue. Use your favorite store-bought marinara. I used Classico Cabernet Marinara with Herbs and it was DEEE-vine! I also used far less oil than Aaron's suggested 2 quarts and halved the recipe which turned out just fine. Diet, SCHMY-ET!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- canola oil, for deep-frying (about 1-inch)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded thin)
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 quart marinara sauce
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
FOR WHITE SAUCE
- 1Heat oil to 350 degrees F.
- 2Mix all seasonings together then divide into 2 parts.
- 3Season chicken breast with half of the seasoning on both sides.
- 4Add the remaining seasoning and 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley to panko bread crumbs and mix.
- 5Dip chicken in flour, then in eggs, then in bread crumbs.
- 6Fry chicken until golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- 7For the white sauce, heat the garlic and heavy cream in a medium saucepan, until simmering.
- 8Turn off heat, add butter, and whisk vigorously until fully incorporated.
- 9Add 1 tablespoon fresh parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- 10Simmer the marinara sauce in saucepan over medium heat.
- 11Place 2 slices of mozzarella cheese on each breast.
- 12Pour the warmed marinara sauce over the cheese, drizzle with white sauce and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Parmesan - Aaron Mccargo, Jr's Masterpiece!
Serving Size: 1 (660 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1150.5
- Calories from Fat 540
- Total Fat 60.0 g
- Saturated Fat 31.4 g
- Cholesterol 362.1 mg
- Sodium 3958.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 27.6 g
- Protein 70.3 g