- 4 piece boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb.)
- 177.44 ml dry Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 314.66 ml spaghetti sauce, divided
- 113.39 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 14.78 ml grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread a chicken cutlet out flat between two pieces of wax paper.
- Using a mallet or rolling pin, pound cutlet to 1/2 inch thick.
- Do the same with remaining cutlets.
- In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Place beaten egg in another shallow bowl.
- Dip each cutlet in egg, coating lightly, then in bread crumb mixture coating lightly; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add cutlets and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden.
- (Add more oil 1 T. at a time if needed.) Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour 1 Cup spaghetti sauce into the bottom of a baking dish.
- Arrange cutlets in dish one layer deep.
- Pour remaining sauce over chicken.
- Top with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Bake for 20 minutes.