- Spread a chicken cutlet out flat between two pieces of wax paper.
- Using a mallet or rolling pin, pound cutlet to 1/2 inch thick.
- Do the same with remaining cutlets.
- In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Place beaten egg in another shallow bowl.
- Dip each cutlet in egg, coating lightly, then in bread crumb mixture coating lightly; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add cutlets and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden.
- (Add more oil 1 T. at a time if needed.) Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour 1 Cup spaghetti sauce into the bottom of a baking dish.
- Arrange cutlets in dish one layer deep.
- Pour remaining sauce over chicken.
- Top with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
this was really good and easy. I added the parmasean cheese to the bread crumbs before frying the chicken and used home made sauce. Thanks for a great dinner idea
The chicken parmesan was very easy to make. I liked that it didn't require a lot of ingredients. I cooked my chicken steaks on the George Foreman grill which made it even faster.
I love to cook and experiment with new recipes and this one was loved by each and every member of my family. It was easy to fix and taste delicious so we will definitely be enjoying it again.