Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is from the Food Network. It looks like a lot of work, but it's so good.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted (optional)
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh basil
- 2 (28 ounce) canspeeled whole tomatoes, drained and hand crushed
- 1 pinch sugar
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 8 ounces fresh buffalo mozzarella, water drained
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked al dente
- Sauce: coat sauce pan with olive oil and place over medium heat.
- When oil gets hazy, add onions, garlic and bay leaves cook and stir for 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add olives and some hand torn basil.
- Add tomatoes.
- Cook and stir until the liquid cooked down and sauce is thick, about 15 minutes.
- Season with sugar, salt and pepper.
- Lower the heat and keep warm.
- Chicken: Pound chicken breasts with mallet until about 1/2-inch thick.
- Put the flour and a salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- In another bowl, combine eggs and water; beat until frothy.
- Place bread crumbs and salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat in large oven-proof skillet.
- Place chicken in flour mixture coating both sides, then dip in egg/water mixture, both side then coat in bread crumbs, both sides.
- When oil in nice and hot, add chicken.
- Fry for 4 minutes on each side until golden, turning once.
- Ladle the tomato sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with mozzarella, Parmesan and fresh basil.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve hot with spaghetti.