1 hr 5 mins
This is from the Food Network. It looks like a lot of work, but it's so good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive, pitted (optional)
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil
- 2 (28 ounce) cans peeled whole tomatoes, drained and hand crushed
- 1 pinch sugar
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 8 ounces fresh buffalo mozzarella, water drained
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked al dente
- 1Sauce: coat sauce pan with olive oil and place over medium heat.
- 2When oil gets hazy, add onions, garlic and bay leaves cook and stir for 5 minutes, until soft.
- 3Add olives and some hand torn basil.
- 4Add tomatoes.
- 5Cook and stir until the liquid cooked down and sauce is thick, about 15 minutes.
- 6Season with sugar, salt and pepper.
- 7Lower the heat and keep warm.
- 8Chicken: Pound chicken breasts with mallet until about 1/2-inch thick.
- 9Put the flour and a salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- 10In another bowl, combine eggs and water; beat until frothy.
- 11Place bread crumbs and salt and pepper in another bowl.
- 12Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat in large oven-proof skillet.
- 13Place chicken in flour mixture coating both sides, then dip in egg/water mixture, both side then coat in bread crumbs, both sides.
- 14When oil in nice and hot, add chicken.
- 15Fry for 4 minutes on each side until golden, turning once.
- 16Ladle the tomato sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with mozzarella, Parmesan and fresh basil.
- 17Bake in 350°F oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- 18Serve hot with spaghetti.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (831 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1211.4
- Calories from Fat 399
- Total Fat 44.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 218.9 mg
- Sodium 693.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 135.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 66.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: