Recipe by DebbiF
This is an easy Chicken Parmesan recipe that i got from my aunt years ago. It is simple and easy to make on the days that work just seems to be the last thing i want to do. Cook time includes time that chicken cooks on stove.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 cup flour, on a shallow plate
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten,in a pie plate
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups prepared tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound out to 1/2" thickness using a mallet or rolling pin.
- Combine bread crumbs, 1/4 cup parmesan, oregano, basil and cayenne in a pie plate.
- Coat each breast in the flour, shaking off any excess flour.
- Dip each breast in the egg and then into the bread crumb mixture.
- Set coated chicken aside on a plate.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet.
- Carefully add chicken to pan, cooking two pieces at a time.
- Cook until golden on both sides.
- Spread one cup of the tomato sauce in the bottom of a baking dish and top with golden chicken breasts.
- Top each breast with the remaining sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve hot with spaghetti and tomato sauce.