Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This classic Italian dish starts out with two breast halves split in half -four pieces. Once flattened, they easily make four servings. From Cuisine.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, split
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 118.29 ml Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 737.08 g jar marinara sauce
- 118.29 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 236.59 ml mozzarella cheese, grated
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- cooked angel hair pasta
- Flatten chicken breasts with a mallet to 1/4" thick.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Dip into eggs.
- Dredge chicken in bread crumbs.
- Saute chicken in olive oil in a large skillet coated with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook over medium-high heat until lighly browned, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Combine the marinara and broth then pour over chicken.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 5 minutes; turn chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken with both cheeses.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with cooked angel hair.
This was so good! We loved this recipe. It was so nice and cheesy that we also served it right out of the pan. I didn't want to mess up the looks of it :)I will definitely be making this again. Thank you for the recipe. A definite keeper.
Oh My, this is the BEST Chicken Parmesan. Easy to make, Made just like the recipe says, But, used my home canned marinara sauce. I served it right from the skillet. It looked so good with the melted cheese. My DH said, Man this is good. Thank you Bev for another yummy recipe.
This is a nice, easy recipe. The family liked it. I thought it a bit heavy.