Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar Ragu pizza sauce
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven at 400.
- Dip chicken in egg and then bread crumbs, coating well.
- Put in a glass baking dish and bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Pour Ragu over chicken, top with cheese.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
Loved how easy it was to make. Next time will make spaghetti to go along with it.
Wonderful! The chicken was perfectly tender and my picky pre-schooler and toddler ate it up and begged for more. The prep was very simple and quick. As far as suggestions, for people with small children, use rotini pasta. Since you already have to cut up the chicken for the little ones, save time by avoiding the hassles of chopping regular spaghetti noodles.
I also wanted to add that when I make this, I pound the chicken flat, to make it go further and I also add parmesan cheese to the breadcrumb mixture.