I take 3 pounds of chicken breast and slice into strips to make this version go father. Using more crumbs to coat stretching the meal to serve a touch more. Instead of 5 breasts I have 30-35 strips. Serve on crispy Italian roll or over pasta. Freezes well.
- Washed and towel dried breast; slice into 5-6 strips.
- Mix flour and salt together in a bowl.
- Mix egg and the milk together in a bowl.
- Place seasoned crumbs in a 3rd bowl.
- Lightly pound to tenderize.
- Coat strips with flour, dip into egg and then coat with crumbs.
- Meanwhile preheat a large fry pan, lightly coat bottom with vegetable oil and brown chicken strips in hot oil to golden brown. Will be done in 3 batches using additional oil as needed. Drain on paper towels.
- Coat bottom of a casserole pan with sauce.
- Place browned strips over sauce.
- Top strips with cheese then pour sauce over the cheese.
- Dust top with grated parmigiano reggiano cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.