Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I take 3 pounds of chicken breast and slice into strips to make this version go father. Using more crumbs to coat stretching the meal to serve a touch more. Instead of 5 breasts I have 30-35 strips. Serve on crispy Italian roll or over pasta. Freezes well.
- 3 lbs chicken breasts, 5 breasts
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs or 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- 4 -6 cups tomato sauce
- 2 -4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Washed and towel dried breast; slice into 5-6 strips.
- Mix flour and salt together in a bowl.
- Mix egg and the milk together in a bowl.
- Place seasoned crumbs in a 3rd bowl.
- Lightly pound to tenderize.
- Coat strips with flour, dip into egg and then coat with crumbs.
- Meanwhile preheat a large fry pan, lightly coat bottom with vegetable oil and brown chicken strips in hot oil to golden brown. Will be done in 3 batches using additional oil as needed. Drain on paper towels.
- Coat bottom of a casserole pan with sauce.
- Place browned strips over sauce.
- Top strips with cheese then pour sauce over the cheese.
- Dust top with grated parmigiano reggiano cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Very easy to make, this delicious Chicken Parmesan is a keeper for our family. I used cornflake crumbs instead as that's what I had on hand, my 10 year old wasn't crazy about the coating but loved the rest so I may just try it without next time or at least not on his chicken as the 8 year old and I both loved it as written. Thanks Rita for another lovely recipe! Made and enjoyed for team Mischief Makers - ZWT #7 :D
My family loved it! Thank you for this recipe!
Very easy to make and very delicious! I made it for dinner last night and was craving it so bad for lunch today I just had to have more. Love the simplicity yet it still tastes fabulous!