Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious and uncomplicated chicken parmesean.
- 12 ounces chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons dry parmesan cheese
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 ounces fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces pasta (lingini)
- First, pound the chicken flat to a uniform thickness. I generally use a single large de-boned chicken breast, which I cut in half. Prepare, from the eggs, an egg wash. Also prepare a mixture of the bread crumbs and the dry parmesan. Dip the chicken in the egg wash and then bread the chicken in the bread crump/parmesan mixture. After finishing, repeat the process so the each piece of chicken is dipped in the egg wash and the bread crumb mixture twice.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet (which should have a metal handle). Brown the chicken breast on each side. When brown, cover the chicken with the tomato sauce and simmer on low for about 15-20 minutes flipping the chicken several times.
- Sprinkle the fresh parmesan over the chicken (still in the skillet), covering the top completely. Finish the chicken in an oven pre-heated to 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Cook the pasta, so that it is ready as the chicken comes out of the oven. Cooking times vary for pasta, so consult the label ahead of time to make sure that you drop the pasta at the right time.
- Plate the pasta, then the chicken. Finally, finish by covering the pasta with the remaining sauce.