Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Creamy chicken and rice recipe can be made in your slow cooker.
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons margarine or 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Mix cream of mushroom soup, milk, wine, rice, and onion soup mix in small mixing bowl.
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken in slow cooker and place 1 Tablespoon of margarine on each piece of chicken.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or on high for 4 to 6 hours.
The chicken turned out great but the wine I used seemed to be to strong. I will try this again with a different white wine.
It tasted great but my chicken was dry as a bone! I cooked it for 10 hrs on low. I will make again, but I will maybe do it for only 8 hrs on low
Made this for a dinner party and it was so easy and tasted fantastic! Usually when I have my husband test out my recipes he can think of at least one thing that needs to be added. When I had him test this out an hour before the party, he said it didn't need anything, perfect as-is! I used skim milk, fat-free soup and half the amount of butter to cut down on calories and fat. Thanks for an easy and healthy recipe that we will now add to our regular rotation.