Recipe by Sandradee16
The perfect blend of cheese and little Italy for one delicious and simple dinner :) Definitely became my favorite meal after my Dad and I perfected this recipe!
Top Review by ~*Miss Diggy*~
This was fabulous and VERY simple! I am so excited about this recipe, and will use it again! I followed it completely except I used my own pasta sauce. It was perfect, and well accepted in my family! Thanks again!
- 1 lb uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (16 ounce) jarragu pasta sauce (flavor ( olive oil, tomato, basil)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup flour (optional)
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk (optional)
- 2 cups shredded fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- wash the chicken breasts and pat dry with a paper towel.
- cut chicken in half "the long way"- so chicken is just as wide, but thinner.
- put flour, milk, eggs, and bread crumbs in separate bowls.
- dip chicken (covering completely) in first the milk, then the flour, then the eggs, and then the bread crumbs (or just the last two if omitting the flour and milk)- compile breaded chicken on a plate.
- heat olive oil in a medium sized frying pan over medium heat.
- when oil is heated, lay as many breaded chicken breasts in the pan as you can without overlapping them.
- brown both sides of the chicken (roughly 2 minutes in the pan per side)- repeat this and last step until all chicken pieces have been browned.
- pour Ragu into an 11X17" baking dish.
- place browned chicken into the baking dish leaving the top of the chicken exposed.
- evenly disperse parmesan cheese and then the mozzarella cheese over entire baking dish.
- bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese/sauce begins to bubble.
- serve over cooked linguine noodles made according to the package.