Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I use Emerils' Garlic Spaghetti Sauce.
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders (about 12 tenders)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut in thin slices
- spaghetti sauce, your favorite
- Preheat broiler. Spread tomato sauce evenly in 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Pour egg into shallow baking pan or deep-dish plate. Mix bread crumbs, Parmesan, salt and pepper in another shallow baking pan to blend.
- Dip chicken tenders into egg, turn to coat, then shake off excess egg. Dip one side of tender into crumb mixture, then other side to coat. Repeat with remaining tenders.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook half the breaded chicken until golden brown, about 5 minutes, turning once. Repeat with remaining chicken. Discard leftover.
- crumb mixture.
- Arrange chicken in single layer on tomato sauce. Top with mozzarella slices. Broil 6 inches from heating element 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese has melted and begins to brown. Serve warm chicken over spaghetti sauce.