1/3 Photos of Chicken Parmesan
Chef at Heart's Note:
I've been making this for years and I can not remember when someone has not asked for the recipe. Note: you can't go overboard on the flour or breadcrumbs, since the chicken will only take whatever amount it needs to be coated
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups flour (depends on size of chicken breasts)
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs (depends on size of chicken breasts)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese (the very finely pre-shredded from the grocery store works best, divided)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2With a mallet pound chicken to 1/4 inch.
- 3Dredge in flour.
- 4Coat in egg mixture.
- 5Shake off excess and coat in bread crumbs mixed with 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese.
- 6Place in casserole sprayed or coated with oil.
- 7Bake 20 minutes.
- 8Remove from oven.
- 9Spread some tomato sauce combined with the basil on top of each chicken breast.
- 10Cover with mozzarella cheese.
- 11Sprinkle with with the remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- 12Use any remaining tomato sauce to cover the edges of the chicken as they cook faster.
- 13Place back in oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 14Serve with penne (or your favourite pasta) alfredo and a salad and garlic bread.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 665.8
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 202.0 mg
- Sodium 1652.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 51.2 g