I've been making this for years and I can not remember when someone has not asked for the recipe. Note: you can't go overboard on the flour or breadcrumbs, since the chicken will only take whatever amount it needs to be coated
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour (depends on size of chicken breasts)
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned bread crumbs (depends on size of chicken breasts)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese (the very finely pre-shredded from the grocery store works best, divided)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- With a mallet pound chicken to 1/4 inch.
- Dredge in flour.
- Coat in egg mixture.
- Shake off excess and coat in bread crumbs mixed with 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese.
- Place in casserole sprayed or coated with oil.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Spread some tomato sauce combined with the basil on top of each chicken breast.
- Cover with mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle with with the remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Use any remaining tomato sauce to cover the edges of the chicken as they cook faster.
- Place back in oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve with penne (or your favourite pasta) alfredo and a salad and garlic bread.
This was WONDERUL! Now, if we can convert this one to Flavorwave/Nuwave I would be sooo very happy!
Dee-LISH!!! Everyone thoroughly enjoyed dinner last night, especially our guest who could not stop commenting on how tender the chicken was and how it was the best Chicken Parmesan he ever had. I used fresh bread crumbs and seasoned them with Italian Seasoning. I popped them in the food processor along with the Parmesan cheese to get them both to the same consistency. I also used a jar of Classico Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic Sauce for the tomato sauce. Very easy! I served it with a garden salad, garlic bread and spaghetti. Thank you chef! This is a keeper!
This got rave reviews from my family tonight. Me too! This is a delicious chicken parmesan recipe. I used Italian seasoned bread crumbs and bottled spaghetti sauce instead of the tomato sauce because I was out of the latter. Thanks so much for sharing!