Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of our "I want something different tonight" favorites. So VERY good!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
- Pound chicken to flatten.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Dip chicken in egg; then in bread crumbs.
- Fry in butter in hot skillet, turning and browning for 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove from skillet.
- To skillet add spaghetti sauce.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Add chicken.
- Place slices of mozzarella on top of chicken.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Cover and cook until cheese is melted.
- Serve with a side of spaghetti.
I made this tonight, I was in a hurry .. This is not merely "VERY good", it is EXCELLENT !! Easy and quick, my husband loved it .. he said it is as good as anything you might get in a restaurant .. I didn't have any pasta sauce, so I used tomato sauce, 1/2 tsp italian seasoning and 1/4 tsp garlic powder ... Thanks for a great recipe!!
Inez this was very good, I used my homemade sauce and it turned out just scrumptious!! This is very similar to my veal parmesan I make. I had to cook my chicken quite a bit longer only because they were too thick. We all enjoyed this recipe very much, I served it with garlic bread, and a ceasar salad. Thanks so much!!
Thanks for a great recipe Inez! You really get a lot of bang for your buck, so to speak, with this one. It takes almost no time to make and is just delicious. The only thing I did differently was after frying the chicken to "almost done" I layered it in the bottom of a large, flat casserole dish, poured on the sauce, topped with the cheese and popped into a 350º oven for 30 minutes. With a salad of mixed Italian greens and Texas toast, it was perfect!