Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Using my posted tomato sauce, this is a favorite of my boyfriend. I make it so much, I'm starting to get sick of it.
- 1 lb chicken breast fillet
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons oil (for frying)
- 2 cups tomato sauce (see posted recipe)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Rinse chicken breast and let drain.
- Whisk together egg, milk, salt and pepper for dipping.
- Pour breadcrumb in bowl.
- Dip each chicken breast into egg mixture and then coat with breadcrumb.
- Pre-heat frying pan with oil on medium high temperature on stove.
- Once oil is hot, cook chicken breast for 5 minutes each side.
- Place chicken on dish and pour heated tomato sauce on top each fillet.
- Grate mozzarella cheese on top of each fillet.
- Turn oven on broil and place chicken under broiler until mozzarella is melted and golden brown.
- Remove and serve using that plate or dish onto a cool plate.
- Recommend with spaghetti and tomato sauce.
This is a delicious and easy recipe that my family loved. It makes a great impression at dinner time with the broiling at the last step. Enjoy!
This was a family pleaser...everyone loved it and wants me to make it again. I did half exactly per recipe and half I changed up a little. I ran low on breadcrumbs so I added some flour to the mix. I also added some buttermilk to the milk mixture and used more mozzarella cheese. Very good recipe both ways.