Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A recipe I had in my cookbook--been meaning to make.
- 6 -9 chicken breast halves
- 1 (28 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesfrozen broccoli stems
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- garlic powder
- 2 cups milk
- Boil chicken in water with dash of salt and pepper, bay leaf and two or three onion slices.
- Remove chicken when tender; reserve broth for use in another recipe.
- Skin, bone and cut chicken in bite size pieces.
- Cook broccoli slightly and cut in bite size pieces.
- In top of a double boiler mix cream cheese, milk and salt and 1/2 the parmesan.
- Stir constantly, cooking until smooth.
- Place broccoli in a 2-quart casserole; cover with 1 cup of sauce.
- Arrange chicken in a layer and cover with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with remainder of the cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350°F.
- This may be made a day in advance and refrigerated.