Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My kids love these sandwiches and they are great to make for a quick lunch.
- 1 lb ground chicken (can substitute ground turkey if desired)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 hamburger buns (or English muffins)
- Mix ground chicken, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and minced garlic; shape into four 1/2 inch thick patties.
- Cook in olive oil in a non-stick skillet, turning as needed, 6 minutes or until cooked through.
- Top with pizza sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cover; cook 1 minute to melt cheese.
- Serve on toasted buns or English muffins.
This recipe kinda disappointed me. The burger itself was VERY bland...it really just tasted of garlic. It smelled fabulous while cooking, my mouth was really watering, but it just didn't have "it". I think if I could punch the burger up some it would be a MUCH better sandwich.
These were very tasty! More a pizza taste than chicken parmesan, but that isn't suprising giventhe ingredients. I used ground turkey (I accidentally bought ground turkey breast instead of ground turkey, which made the burgers kinda dry, but that certainly isn't the fault of the recipe!), and cooked the burgers on the george foreman G-5 at medium heat for 8.5 minutes. Then topped them with the pizza sauce and cheese and stuck them in the oven at 350 for a few minutes to melt the cheese. A fast, yummy, dinner, perfect for a weeknight when you don't have a lot of time.
This was quite yummy. It didn't need a bun! I finely diced some portobello mushrooms to include in my burger mixture. I served on an onion roll with mushrooms on the side. Thanks for sharing!