Recipe by Anniepants927
This is an easy dish my mother has been making for me since I was 10 years old. It has become my "birthday dinner" ever since, and it's 25 years later! The rich and creamy sauce over the chicken, onions and mushrooms just does it for me!
- 4 -6 pieces chicken breasts or 4 -6 pieces chicken, tenderloin
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup cooking sherry
- 1 cup Durkee onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Season breasts with salt and pepper. Brown chicken using the butter in skillet on both sides.
- Arrange chicken, onions, and mushrooms in a 13 X 9 baking dish.
- Combine soup, sour cream, and wine in separate bowl. Pour over chicken, onions, and mushrooms.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking, sprinkle the Durkee french fried onions over the top.
- Serve with potaotes, rice, noodles, or couscous!