Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Here is my favorite recipe, it is great served with baked potatoes and sugar snap peas on the side. What a delicious and easy meal to make....
- 2 -4 whole boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup cooking sherry or 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; melt butter in a skillet and brown chicken breasts on both sides.
- Arrange chicken in a 9 X 13 baking dish and top with sliced onion.
- In a large mixing bowl combine remaining ingredients, mix well and pour over chicken and onions.
- Bake at 450 degrees uncovered for 50 min to an hour.
This is two different dishes, tasting quite different depending on whether you use the sherry or the vinegar. With the sherry I added capers. Either way, it's tasty. I don't usually cook with cream soups, but Bear Rich sounded like a nice guy and I thought I'd try it anyhow. :)
Very good. I used reduced fat sour cream and margarine, because it was all I had on hand. But it tasted great. I also used vinegar vs. the sherry; you definitly have to like vinegar if you use it in this recipe. I love onions and my husband doesn't, but the onions were big enough to take out when the dish was done baking; he never knew I had cooked it with onions! Will make this again.
This was awesome! So tender! I added dill weed and paprika to the sour cream mixture which really kicked up the flavor. I also baked it in the same skillet I browned the chicken in so just one pan clean up! I will make this again!