Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 13 ounces frozen puff pastry
- 1 medium onion
- 1 ounce butter
- 10 ounces cooked boneless chicken
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 4 tablespoons double cream
- salt and pepper
- 3 slices cooked ham
- 1 egg yolk
- 6 lettuce leaves
- Thaw pastry.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Peel and chop onion and fry in butter until transparent.
- Set aside six fairly large pieces of chicken and finelychop the rest.
- Put chopped chicken into a bowl with parsley and fried onion.
- Lightly beat the cream, then stir into the chicken with seasoning.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut out 6 five inch squares.
- Cut ham in half and place one piece in center of each dough square.
- Top with a piece of chicken, then cover with chopped chicken mixture.
- Dampen dough edges with cold water.
- Fold corners to center to cover the filling, pinching the edges together, but leave a small hole in the top.
- Place parcels on a greased baking tray.
- Beat the egg yolk with a pinch of salt and brush over parcels.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until well risen and golden brown.
- Serve the parcels on lettuce leaves.