Prep 3 hrs
Cook 1 hr
Greek/Mediteranan style chicken with a unique creamy mango sauce. Prep time of 3 hours is a guess for minimal marinating time. Preferably I would marinate overnight.
- 1 mango
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 125 ml plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- Combine orange juice and yogurt.
- Wash chicken and marinate in yogurt mixture.
- Prep time of 3 hours is a guess for minimal marinating time.
- Preferably I would marinate overnight.
- Grill chicken on BBQ until thoroughly cooked, braising often with remaining yogurt mixture.
- Chop mango, red& green peppers, and onion into small pieces, combine with minced garlic.
- When Chicken is done, combine mango mixture and remaining yogurt mixture and pour over chicken.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Serve rice with chicken.
- You can use some of the sauce on the rice too if desired.
this was an interesting dish, definatly very colorful, but i was hopeing for more of a mango flavor and it seemed to me like it was a very overpowering citrus flavor. My dad loved it but my bf and i wernt too thrilled. It would have gotton 4 stars but the amounts or instructions really need to be updated and fixed
We enjoyed the flavor of the chicken and mango mixture but the recipe instructions need improvement. Step 5 refers to "remaining yogurt mixture" as does step 7. This would require dividing the yogurt mixture back in step 1 as it would not be possible to use the marinade further unless boiled and it is not possible to boil it without its separating. Doing this would probably require doubling the yogurt and oj amounts in step 1. Care must be used in grilling as the yogurt burns easily.
Makes a wonderfully colorful presentation