Recipe by Sammy Mae
From the October 2012 issue of Woman's Day magazine. This recipe also included Tips & Techniques: Switch It Up: Substitute 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin for the chicken. Use Up The Ingredient: Make a quick baked potato topping: Combine 1/2 cup sour cream, 2 teaspoons paprika, 3 finely chopped scallions, and 1/4 cup grated Cheddar.
- 6 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 1/2-inch pieces
- kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the egg noodles according to package directions. Drain and return to the pot. Toss with the parsley (if using).
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspon pepper and cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a bowl. Add the wine to the skillet and cook, scraping up any brown bits, for 2 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the chicken.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat the remaining tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Crush the tomatoes and add them to the skillet along with their juices, the paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the chicken and any juices, nestling the chicken in the mixture. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream. Serve with the noodles.