Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe can be very easily doubled or tripled as necessary. I serve this with buttered egg noodles and broccoli.
- Season chicken with 1 teaspoon paprika, salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and sauté until just cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to plate.
- Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter to same skillet.
- Add onion and sauté until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add remaining 3 teaspoons paprika; stir 10 seconds.
- Add tomato and stir until beginning to soften, about 1 minute.
- Add broth and increase heat to high and boil until sauce thickens enough to coat spoon thinly, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in chicken and any collected juices.
- Reduce heat to low and add sour cream and stir just until heated through (do not boil).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Very good, extremely fast and easy to customize. One family member hates tomatoes, so I left those out. I saved a couple minutes by sauteeing the onions and chicken at the same time. Added most of the broth, then the sour cream and warmed to a bare simmer. I also thickened the sauce with a bit of the broth mixed with cornstarch after I added the sour cream and cooked it down a bit. Added some salt and fresh ground pepper, too. I served it over herbed couscous with steamed broccoli on the side and it was a hit! Thank you so much for sharing this quick and simple recipe! Next time I'll add some mushrooms just for fun, I think.
Like some of the others, I used skinless chicken thighs and canned tomatoes. I served it over brown rice. It was wonderful.
Very yummy and super simple to make. Had all the ingredients in the house (except fresh tomatoes, but I did have canned, which worked fine). Served this along with Spaetzle (noodles) #53605 which was very good. This will definately be a repeat dish in our house.