Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I really like this recipe
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile cook the bacon in a separate pot over medium high.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and cook 3 more minutes.
- Combine the flour, paprika, marjoram and 1 tsp salt in a large bowl; add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Push the bacon and vegetables to one side of the pot and increase the heat to medium high.
- Add the chicken and any remaining flour mixture to the other side and cook turning until browned about 6 minutes.
- Stir together the chicken, bacon and vegetables and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Stir then reduce the heat to medium low.
- Cover and simmer until the chicken is almost cooked through, about 10 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the noodles to boiling water and cook as the label directs; drain.
- Uncover the pot with the chicken, increase the heat to high and cook 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, stir in the sour cream and parsley and cook 2 more minutes.
- Serve over the noodles.