Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Just like Grandma used to make
- 6 -8 chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 -4 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- salt and pepper
- Salt and pepper thighs and brown in margarine or butter.
- Add chopped onion and green pepper.
- Sprinkle paprika on both sides.
- Add stock and simmer for 30 Mins.
- Add sour cream and simmer until warm do not boil.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
This recipe is fantastic! Simple, easy and good. I replaced the thighs with 3 boneless skinless breasts, cut into strips and the bell pepper with mushroom. I upped the garlic and substituted some of the paprika for hotter chile powder (about 2tsp of mixed Ancho, New Mexico and Chipotle). Because I used sliced breasts it only took a minute or two to simmer so I reduced the amount of broth. This is so, so good! A new addition to my regular dinners, that's for sure :)
Excellent! I made it as directed but omitted the green pepper and used boneless skinless chicken breast. Tasted great! Thanks!
This was very good. I removed the skin from the thighs to make it less greasy. I also mixed in a couple tablespoons of flour to thicken up the sauce. Thanks for sharing.