Top Review by imaphotog
Lol! I like the addition of the fudgesicle! I was trying to figure out how you were going to incorporate that into the recipe! I read the directions and cracked up. Still smiling about it. :)
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces (1.5 lbs)
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 48 ounces chicken broth, separated
- 3 -4 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 fudgesicle (optional)
- potato starch (optional) or cornstarch, to thicken (optional)
- 12 ounces sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a pot, add chicken and garlic and sautee.
- Add onions and just enough broth to cover.
- Stir in spices, bring to a boil, turn down heat and simmer until chicken and onions are fully cooked.
- While it's simmering, eat the Fudgesicle. You can also make the Spaetzel and Halouskies now.
- When the chicken and onions are fully cooked, bring to a roiling boil and drop in the Spaetzel.
- If needed you may add the starch as a thickening agent, by mixng it into the set aside broth and pouring it into the pot.
- Remove from heat and let it thicken.
- Mix in sour cream, and it's ready to serve.