Recipe by dicentra
This is from 365 Low Fat Meals
Top Review by Kumquat the Cat's friend
I followed this recipe to a tee but I substituted all vegan ingredients (tofu sour cream, seitan for chicken and vegetable broth for chicken broth). It was very easy to make, and I think the best part of this recipe was the paprika I used (smoky and hot Hungarian). It was killer! I'll definitely make this again! No need for flour in the sauce in this recipe.
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat chicken breasts liberally on both sides with the paprika. Coat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high. Add the butter.
- When melted, add chicken breasts and sauté until lightly browned on both sides; about 4 minutes. Remove to a serving platter. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the onion to skillet and sauté for 1 minute. Add wine, stirring to scrape up any brown bits in the pan. Increase heat to high and reduce wine to half. Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and add chicken breasts back to the pan. Cover and simmer until chicken is tender; about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook noodles until just tender; 3-5 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer noodles to a serving platter. Remove the chicken from the sauce and arrange on top of the noodles. Whisk sour cream into sauce in skillet until smooth.
- Cook and stir until sauce thickens slightly; 2-3 minutes. Spoon sauce over chicken.