1/1 Photo of Chicken Paprikash
1 hr 30 mins
Brent Bowser's Note:
A Traditional Hungarian or German dish, depending on how you accompany it. Very Filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt Butter in a large pot or dutch oven.
- 2Stir in Paprika to butter.
- 3Sautee the onions in the paprika butter solution, then temporarily remove them.
- 4It may be necessary to add an additional Tablespoon of butter to the solution.
- 5Brown the chicken in the butter.
- 6Add the chicken broth, re-add the onions and simmer for one hour, covered.
- 7After the solution is fully cooked, add in the sour cream.
- 8You may also add in the flour to thicken the gravy.
- 9This dish is often served with the German pasta,'Spaetzels' or with the Hungarian'Halousky'.
- 10This meal is exceptionally filling with the Spaetzels.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Paprikash
Serving Size: 1 (451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 663.7
- Calories from Fat 448
- Total Fat 49.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 209.2 mg
- Sodium 729.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 46.9 g