Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A Traditional Hungarian or German dish, depending on how you accompany it. Very Filling.
Make and share this Chicken Paprikash recipe from Food.com.
- Melt Butter in a large pot or dutch oven.
- Stir in Paprika to butter.
- Sautee the onions in the paprika butter solution, then temporarily remove them.
- It may be necessary to add an additional Tablespoon of butter to the solution.
- Brown the chicken in the butter.
- Add the chicken broth, re-add the onions and simmer for one hour, covered.
- After the solution is fully cooked, add in the sour cream.
- You may also add in the flour to thicken the gravy.
- This dish is often served with the German pasta,'Spaetzels' or with the Hungarian'Halousky'.
- This meal is exceptionally filling with the Spaetzels.
This is excellent. A new family favorite. Only changes I made was using all chicken breasts and I made a slurry with 1/4 cup of flour and added to sauce before adding sour cream. I served over wide egg noodles.
Made this for Father's day with spaetzle. The whole family Loved it! Great chicken! Thank you! UPDATE: Just have to update...was in a hurry to get to ball game and had chicken out. My daughter requested "that german chicken". Browned the chicken and put it all in the crockpot on high for 4 hours. Was perfect when we got home!
This is very close to my mother/grandmother's version (they are hungarian). One little ammendment that my grandmother made was to add 2 T of ketchup --adds a little something. Thanks for posting!