A Traditional Hungarian or German dish, depending on how you accompany it. Very Filling.
Make and share this Chicken Paprikash recipe from Food.com.
- Melt Butter in a large pot or dutch oven.
- Stir in Paprika to butter.
- Sautee the onions in the paprika butter solution, then temporarily remove them.
- It may be necessary to add an additional Tablespoon of butter to the solution.
- Brown the chicken in the butter.
- Add the chicken broth, re-add the onions and simmer for one hour, covered.
- After the solution is fully cooked, add in the sour cream.
- You may also add in the flour to thicken the gravy.
- This dish is often served with the German pasta,'Spaetzels' or with the Hungarian'Halousky'.
- This meal is exceptionally filling with the Spaetzels.