Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a lighter, reduced fat version of this favorite dish. So quick and easy to make. My family loves this, even my two little ones gobble it up! I got the main recipe from Epicurious.com and taylored it to my own needs, making it healthier, with less fat and fewer calories. So Yummy!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 large plum tomato, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup fat free sodium free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Cut chicken crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Season chicken with 1 teaspoon paprika, salt and pepper.
- Spray butter-flavored cooking spray in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté until just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer chicken to plate.
- Add more butter-flavored cooking pray to the same skillet. Add onion and sauté until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Add remaining 3 teaspoons paprika; stir 10 seconds.
- Add tomato and stir until beginning to soften, about 1 minute.
- Add broth and increase heat to high and boil until sauce thickens enough to coat spoon thinly, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in chicken and any collected juices. Reduce heat to low. Add the reduced-fat sour cream and stir just until heated through (do not boil).
- Season paprikás to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
I liked this but not well enough to give it more stars. Maybe I don't like paprika? To me the paprika took over too much of the flavor. I also used the tofutti sour "cream" but I've used it as a substitute with simliar dishes with no problem. Maybe this wouldn't be traditional but I feel some garlic with the onion would help round the flavor out.
Definitely yum, and very fast. Warning - imitation sour cream (i.e. tofutti) makes it too tangy, use the real dairy stuff! I'll be playing with this recipe again, I'm getting closer to the great dishes I had in Hungary!