Recipe by Gypsy_mo
Source: 2002 Milk Calendar I've lightened it a little to make it approx. 10 WW points
Top Review by BonnieZ
This was a simple recipe and I followed the instructions pretty much exactly, only I used broad egg noodles rather than the spaghetinni. DH thoroughly enjoyed the taste, flavor and texture of this dish. I felt it needed something, but I couldn't put my finger on it. In any case, thank yu Gypsy for submitting the recipe.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless chicken thighs
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghettini
Directions See How It's Made
- In large, non-stick frypan which has been sprayed with veg.
- oil, cook onions for about 2 min, add paprika, and continue cooking for 2 min more.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper then add to pan and brown for 5 min each side.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir 3 tsp flour into the milk and add to pan with chicken.
- Bring to simmer, reduce heat to med.
- low, cover and simmer for 10 min.
- Stir in red pepper and tomatoes then cover and let simmer for 10 min more, or until there is no pink left in chicken.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and divide between 4 serving plates Remove chicken from pan, dividing between serving plates (arrange on top of pasta).
- Reduce heat to low.
- Whisk remaining 1 tsp flour into sour cream, then add to tomato mixture and cook for 1 min, stirring well.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Pour 1/4 of sauce over each serving of chicken and pasta, and garnish with parsley if desired.