1/2 Photos of Chicken Paprika (Csirke Paprikash)
1 hr 10 mins
This is a great recipe! I recommend cutting up the chicken before mixing with the butter/basil tossed egg noodles. It makes it much easier to eat, and much more enjoyable, as the sauce gets to every inch of the noodles and chicken! The sauce is extra tasty, so make some good bread to sop up all the sauce! Add a wonderful salad and the meal is complete. This recipe is adapted from a recipe from the Masonic Grand Lodge of Fargo, North Dakota.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 5 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 (16 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium egg noodles
- chopped fresh parsley or fresh cilantro, to taste
- 1Melt 1 tbsp margarine in a large skillet. Cook mushrooms over medium heat until medium tender. Drain moisture from skillet. Melt another 3 tbsp margarine in the skillet, adding sliced onions and garlic. Cook until onions are tender. Stir in the vinegar and paprika.
- 2Meanwhile, mix flour and next 3 ingredients. Dredge the chicken breasts through the flour mixture. Place in the skillet with the vegetables, pushing them up against the side so the chicken will brown. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Add water and chicken bouillon granules. Heat to a boil, then reduce to low and cover for 1 hour.
- 3Prepare the egg noodles according to the directions. Add 2 tbsp margarine and parsley/cilantro to taste.
- 4While the noodles are finishing up, remove the chicken from the heat. Add the sour cream. Add salt and pepper as needed.
- 5I prefer to cut my chicken up into bite size pieces and mix with the noodles. Another option is to serve the chicken on top of the noodles, topped with the sauce. It is just easier for kids and the "knife-challenged" to eat it if it is already cut up!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Paprika (Csirke Paprikash)
Serving Size: 1 (452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 612.4
- Calories from Fat 378
- Total Fat 42.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 135.4 mg
- Sodium 640.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 27.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: