Prep 8 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Slow cooker Cookbook
- 1 large onion, peeled and quartered
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, rinsed and patted dry
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄3 tablespoons Hungarian paprika, divided
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancondensed condensed cream of mushroom & garlic soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- In a 5 quart slow cooker, combine onions and mushrooms.
- Season chicken thighs with salt, pepper and one tsp paprika.
- Place in slow cooker on top of the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cream of mushroom soup and remaining 1 tablespoon of paprika; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and keep warm.
- Strain and defat cooking liquid.
- Stir sour cream into liquid and serve hot over chicken.
Tasty chicken yum!. For the chicken I used what I had (chicken tenderloins) and it worked really well. I had lots of juice left over once I served everyone's plate, so I put it back in the crockpot with the mushroom and onion and pureed it. It made a yummy mushroom soup for lunch :) Thanks for sharing the recipe Mom2Rose
Bring the kids, and tell em' don't be late! You might not get any of this delish chicken dinner.....and you'd better eat fast, before the last chicken leg is gone. Wow! Absolutely outstanding. I let "her" sit in a dutch oven on the back of the stove, slightly bubbling, (very slight) instead of crock pot....and made my own mushroom soup with fresh garlic cloves (2 large) but other then that....followed this exactly. What a winner, you have here! Loved it! Made for Aussie Swap April 2011
My whole family liked it... and they are ALL picky!