Recipe by Mom2Rose
Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Slow cooker Cookbook
Top Review by Chef floWer
Tasty chicken yum!. For the chicken I used what I had (chicken tenderloins) and it worked really well. I had lots of juice left over once I served everyone's plate, so I put it back in the crockpot with the mushroom and onion and pureed it. It made a yummy mushroom soup for lunch :) Thanks for sharing the recipe Mom2Rose
- 1 large onion, peeled and quartered
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, rinsed and patted dry
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄3 tablespoons Hungarian paprika, divided
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancondensed condensed cream of mushroom & garlic soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 5 quart slow cooker, combine onions and mushrooms.
- Season chicken thighs with salt, pepper and one tsp paprika.
- Place in slow cooker on top of the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cream of mushroom soup and remaining 1 tablespoon of paprika; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and keep warm.
- Strain and defat cooking liquid.
- Stir sour cream into liquid and serve hot over chicken.