Recipe by Toby Jermain
An easy to make, tasty dish that is good enough for company.
Top Review by Fruit'n'herbs
Toby, I tried your Caesar Salad which was great, so I gave this one a shot. Excellent! The only thing I had to change, was to add a shake of red pepper flakes because my cayenne pepper has yet to be replaced since we moved.Thanks for another excellent recipe!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, fat discarded,washed,and patted dry
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can prepared chicken gravy (or make your own)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika, more to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- hot cooked noodles, as accompaniment
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat chicken with flour, and brown in olive oil in a heavy skillet.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Stir in gravy, chopped onion, garlic salt, paprika, and cayenne and black pepper.
- Cover, and cook over low heat for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add sour cream to gravy, and stir until combined.
- Return chicken to pan, cover, and continue cooking until heated through, about 5-10 minutes, but do not allow to boil.
- Serve over buttered noodles.