Recipe by VillageMom
This is a family favorite. Not for those on a diet. I got the recipe out of a magazine. It was an award winner.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet heat butter. Add the onion and garlic and saute until golden brown. Stir in the paprika, salt and pepper. Cook for one minute.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry until lightly brown.
- Stir in the broth. Cook over low heat for one hour or until the chicken is tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour into the sour cream. Add to the chicken liquid and heat. Do not boid.