Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A fabulous main course that is not terribly spicy. I found this recipe in South Africa Quick 'n' Easy. Simple yet delicious!
- 8 -10 chicken thighs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 125 g button mushrooms
- 400 g tomato puree
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream or 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Remove and discard chicken bones and skin. Mix together flour, salt, pepper, crumbled stock cube and paprika in a plastic bag. Add chicken and toss to coat. Heal oil in a large skillet and brown chicken. Peel and chop onion add to the skillet and fry for 3 - 5 minutes until translucent. Wipe, trim and slice mushrooms and add to the skillet with tomato puree. Cover and simmer for about 50 minutes until chicken is cooked. Stir in sour cream and heat through. Serve garnished with chopped parsley over rice or pasta.