1/1 Photo of Chicken Paprika
1 hr 15 mins
This is a family recipe that I have been eating all my life. It is a simple boiled chicken, and you make the sauce with the boiling liquid, served with egg noodles or rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and 1 - 2 Tbsp of the paprika.
- 2Heat the oil in a large pot, sear the chicken breasts on one side, flip the chicken and add the onion and garlic.
- 3Let the onions sauté slightly, sprinkle with the rest of the paprika, and some more salt and pepper and cover with water.
- 4Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until chicken is very tender (it can simmer up to a few hours, just add more water if it evaporates).
- 5Right before you are ready to serve, remove the chicken from the liquid and keep warm.
- 6To make the sauce, combine the sour cream and flour whisk until smooth. Once smooth, add some of the cooking liquid and whisk until there are no more lumps.
- 7Pour the mixture back into the cooking liquid, and boil until it thickens (if it doesn't thicken enough, repeat the flour/sour cream/cooking liquid mixture until it has the consistency of thick gravy).
- 8Remove bones from chicken breasts and cut into pieces and return to sauce.
- 9Serve it piping hot over egg noodles or rice.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Paprika
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.9
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 118.1 mg
- Sodium 125.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 34.5 g