Crispy skinned roasted chicken breast. Yummo. Based on boneless breasts weighing about 250g each. Better still if you can get it on the bone. In the last few years getting chicken breast on the bone has been very hard to say the least so now I buy a small chicken (about 1.2k to 1.5k) and quarter it (use back to make stock) and cook for about 30 to 35 minutes in a baking tray. For a larger chicken 1.75k to 2k (you will have to up the garlic butter mix) you will need about 45 to 50 minutes. Down the temperature by about 5 to 10 degree C for fan forced ovens.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Mix butter and garlic together.
- Gently pull skin back on the chicken breast but do not remove. Spread 1/4 of butter/garlic mixture over meat.
- Pull skin back over, sprinkle paprika on the top of the skin, then place breasts on a baking tray lined with baking paper (don't need baking paper if using breasts on the bone).
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 with other 3 breasts.
- Put in the oven and bake for 30 minutes (35 to 40 if on the bone).