Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A fav chicken dish, lovely with creamy mashed potatoes.
- 8 chicken pieces (skin removed)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion
- 1 cup sliced mushroom
- 1 (440 g) can tomato puree (15oz)
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, crumbled stock cube and paprika together in a plastic bag.
- Toss chicken in this.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Brown chicken in oil.
- Peel and chop onion.
- Add to saucepan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and tomato puree to saucepan.
- Cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Serve garnished with the chopped parsley.
I really loved this dish. It would be a great base dish for many other combinations. For eg: I had no sour cream so I followed the recipe but added mexican chilli powder and garlic as well as your ingredients. It was superb with the creamy mashed potatoes. Thanks.
Very tasty. I added about 3/4 of a teaspoon of sugar to take the bitterness from the tomato sauce.
Ohhh!!! This was sooo tasty. We had this with plain basmati rice and fresh broccoli. I had a bit of a problem with the natural yogurt that I used (didn't have sour cream),I think that I should have waited for the chicken to cool down a while before adding. Definitely one I'll be cooking again. Thanks!