Recipe by Evie*
A fav chicken dish, lovely with creamy mashed potatoes.
Top Review by Sam1
I really loved this dish. It would be a great base dish for many other combinations. For eg: I had no sour cream so I followed the recipe but added mexican chilli powder and garlic as well as your ingredients. It was superb with the creamy mashed potatoes. Thanks.
- 8 chicken pieces (skin removed)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion
- 1 cup sliced mushroom
- 1 (440 g) can tomato puree (15oz)
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, crumbled stock cube and paprika together in a plastic bag.
- Toss chicken in this.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Brown chicken in oil.
- Peel and chop onion.
- Add to saucepan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and tomato puree to saucepan.
- Cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Serve garnished with the chopped parsley.