Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
very refreshing and elegant for lunch
- 2 papayas, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1⁄4 cup finely sliced celery
- 4 lettuce leaves
CURRY CREAM DRESSING
- 1⁄2 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- Mix papaya, chicken and celery.
- Mix ingredients for dressing.
- Add to papaya/chicken mixture.
- Serve on lettuce leaves.
- Can use condiments: sliced bananas, shredded coconut, slivered almonds, sliced black olives.
- You can also just add the dressing to the chicken and celery and spoon this into a seeded papaya half.
- This is especially cooling in the summer if it is chilled in the refrigerator for an hour or so.
This is a very surprising dish. I did not expect much out of it. The papaya alone did not taste very good even. The only problem I had with the dish is being sad about the fact that papayas are not in season all year 'round.