Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cooking Light magazine. I did not add the arugula or lemon juice to my sandwich.
Make and share this Chicken Panini With Fig Jam recipe from Food.com.
- Spread jam over cut side of top half of bread.
- Combine cheese and butter in a bowl, stirring until smooth.
- Spread cheese mixture over cut side of bottom half of bread.
- Arrange chicken evenly over cheese mixture; sprinkle with pepper.
- Place top half of bread, jam side down, over chicken.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, and add sandwich to pan.
- Place a heavy cast-iron skillet on sandwich; cook 5 minutes or until both sides are browned, turning once.
- (Or use a panini maker as you usually would. I don't have one. I have no idea how long it would take to make the sandwich that way.).
- Place arugula in a bowl.
- Drizzle lemon juice over arugula; toss gently.
- Remove top bread half from sandwich. Arrange arugula mixture over chicken. Replace top bread half.
- Cut sandwich into 4 equal portions.
What an excellent sandwich! The crispy grilled ciabatta, tangy blue cheese, sweet fig preserves, peppery (baby) arugula....mmmmm....perfect! I used ciabatta rolls, rather than a loaf, and did eyeball a few of the ingredients. I just use a Foreman grill to make panini, and it works quite well. Thanks for posting!