Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve Hot with Ketchup and Podina Chutney
- 500 g boneless skinless chicken
- 1 medium onion (coarsely chopped)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves (Lehsan)
- 1 -2 green chili (coarsely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coriander (Hara Dhania)
- 125 g besan flour
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder (Pisa Dhania)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder (Pisa Zeera)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder (Pisi Lal Mirch)
- salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- oil (for deep frying)
- Combine the onion, garlic, green chilies and coriander with half of the water in a blender and blend to a fine paste.
- In a large bowl combine and mix together the gram flour, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder , red chili powder, salt and soda bicarbonate.
- Combine the blended liquid and the rest of the water and mix well to form a thick paste. Put in the chicken pieces and mix well so that the chicken is well coated with the mixture.
- Deep fry in hot oil until it turns golden brown.