1/4 Photos of Chicken Paillards With Artichokes & Dijon Sauce
Looks like a company meal but cooks up in a hurry. The page in my cookbook is well stained and scribbled having made this many times over the years. The final flavor of this dish really comes from the mustards choosen. I tend to like stronger flavors and look for a nice spicy whole-grain mustard. I often double the sauce when serving this with rice or couscous. Bon Appettit!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 canned artichoke hearts, quartered
- 4 teaspoons fresh tarragon (chopped) or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- salt and pepper
- 1Place the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of waxed paper and pound into 3/8 inch thickness. Make them thicker if desired, just be certain the breasts are an even thickness for cooking purposes. Season the chicken with a bit of salt and pepper.
- 2Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large non stick skillet over medium high heat. Cook chicken until the outside is golden brown in color and the breast is cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side. Plate the cooked chicken and cover to keep warm. You can also keep it warm in a 200 degree oven.
- 3In the same pan used to cook the chicken, add the remaining teaspoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of the chicken broth. Cook the shallots until they are translucent but not browned.
- 4Mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of the chicken broth. Add the remaining broth to the pan with the scallions. Add the constarch & broth mix to the pan and bring the liquid to a boil, stirring while the mix thickens.
- 5Mix in the two mustards and vinegar making sure they are well incorporated. Stir in the tarragon and artichokes. Let the sauce simmer 3 to 5 minutes until the artichokes are warmed through.
- 6To plate, spoon sauce over warmed paillards.
- 7Garnish with additional tarragon if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Paillards With Artichokes & Dijon Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.6
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 502.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 28.6 g