1 hr 10 mins
Chef #443166's Note:
A traditional version of chicken paillard, marinated and grilled, served with lemon-basil red skin potatoes and a simple salad with a homemade vinaigrette. This is a very light, but filling dinner. To increase the vinaigrette, if desired, just double the ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 lemons
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 15 baby red potatoes
- 1 -2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 3 cups spring greens
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 -4 lemon wedges
- 1Take the chicken breasts, remove any fat. Place 1 chicken breast between pieces of plastic wrap and flatten with a meat mallet, until about 1/4-1/2 inch thick. Repeat for the remaining chicken.
- 2Place chicken into a large baking dish. Add the shallots, 1/4 of the olive oil, and the juice of 2 lemons (not the seeds). Season with Pepper to taste.
- 3Cover and marinate for 30 minutes, no longer, turning pieces of chicken after 15 minutes.
- 4While chicken is marinating, preheat the grill to high and make the salad. Place the greens in a large bowl. Slice the red onion thinly, and add to greens. Slice the tomatoes into 1/2 inch slices, then in half again and add to greens. Cover for now.
- 5Once chicken has marinated for 15 minutes, halve the potatoes and place in a pot. Add enough chicken broth (at least 1 cup, and water if needed) just to cover the potatoes. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon into the pot, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Bring the potatoes to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cook the potatoes about 20 minutes, or until fork tender.
- 7Grill the chicken on high about 5 minutes per side, or until just cooked through.
- 8While chicken is grilling, make the vinaigrette. Put the Dijon mustard, vinegar, the juice of half a lemon, salt, pepper and garlic powder into a bowl. Whisk in the olive oil until emulsified. Set aside.
- 9Drain potatoes when done, place back into pot. Drizzle a few tablespoons of olive oil onto the potatoes, salt, pepper, a tsp of lemon zest, juice of 1/2 a lemon, and the chopped basil. Mix to combine.
- 10To serve, place salad onto a large platter in 1 corner. Place potatoes into another corner. Add the chicken pieces in the remaining space. Add the dressing on top of the salad, while spooning a small amount onto the chicken breasts as well. Serve with a few lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Paillard With Lemon-Basil Potatoes & Simple Salad
Serving Size: 1 (1276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1543.5
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 102.6 mg
- Sodium 673.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 261.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 41.5 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 74.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
extra virgin olive oil